This article drew my attention by just the title. Contrary to popular belief, the HDS (high drive spouse) isn’t always the husband. In my household, I am the LDS (low drive spouse). A lot of what he talked about in the article really rings true. I know all of those things. I have heard my hubby say them many times.
Here are the 5 things the HDS feels:
1. It’s part of who I am: God created my DH special and unique. His HDS is a part of that.
2. I can’t just turn it off: When I went through my refusing years, I didn’t understand why he couldn’t just turn it off. I was tired and didn’t feel like making love. Why wasn’t he tired, too? It wasn’t until I realized it was how God created him that I tried to be more understanding and thinking more of what his needs were.
3. The pain of “no” becomes too hard to hear after awhile: He’s told me that many times. I try now to not say no, but say when we can do it…. not in 2015, but maybe the next morning or the following evening.
4. I don’t expect you to be me, I just want you to be “naked and smiling“: Haha. This one made me laugh. He just likes me to be naked…. 😉 Then again, it can’t be a forced smile…
5. Meeting a sexual need doesn’t always mean intercourse: he tells me this all the time. One of these days, I will get it.
How does it work in your household? Are you HDS or LDS?