Didn’t you always want to know the answer to this question?
It’s amazing how many “controversial” pastors there are out there. By “controversial”, I mean, pastors who are willing to tell the truth, no matter what the cost…Remember Ed Young from Fellowship Church in Grapevine, TX and his Sex Experiment? How about inspirational speaker Joe Beam? On Facebook today, I read something amazing. Pastor Mark Driscoll (Mars Hill Church) wrote an article on Fox News about “What the Bible Really Says About Sex“. Amazing! Isn’t this what CN has been talking about for 4 years?
I’ve put the links above so you can do your own research, but from the article I couldn’t agree more with the following….
1. God created us male and female in His image and likeness: The helpmate that God made for Adam in the Garden of Eden was a woman. She completed him. “That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
2. Marriage by design is for one man and one woman only. “Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.” Genesis 2:25 Also Matthew 19:4-6 ” And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a]them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’[b] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.” This was one of the readings at my own wedding.
3. God created sex. When God created man and woman, they were deemed “very good”. (Genesis 2:24-25)
4. Sex outside of marriage is a sin. Ladies, I didn’t say it first… God said it first. God is my ultimate authority. Hebrews 13:4 “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral. ”
5. There is NO shame in married sex. None, dear ones. There is no shame in your marriage bed with your husband. Keep your marriage bed between you and your spouse only and you will be generously BLESSED by God in your lovemaking. Do not defile it by adding sin to the mix. There should only be three in your sexual relationship…you, your spouse and God. Treasure and take pleasure in the gift He gave you on your wedding day!
May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
A loving doe, a graceful deer—
may her breasts satisfy you always,
may you ever be intoxicated with her love.
Why, my son, be intoxicated with another man’s wife?
Why embrace the bosom of a wayward woman? Proverbs 5:18-20
Thank you, Pastor Mark, for speaking the truth in a world so ready to corrupt the most beautiful gift we will ever get from God.